Flexible, durable sponge rubber with unique features
The outside layer of BallBrite is made out of Neoprene. What is neoprene? Neoprene is a type of synthetic rubber. It is a soft, flexible, and durable sponge rubber that has the following unique features:
- WATER RESISTANCE: Neoprene sheds water like a duck, making it an ideal outdoor material.
- WEATHER RESISTANCE: Neoprene resists degradation from sunlight, ozone, oxidation, rain, snow, sand and dust- all weather conditions.
- THERMAL AND MOISTURE INSULATION: the gas cells of neoprene make it an ideal insulation material, most notably in wetsuits and can holders.
- STRETCHABLE: Neoprene is elastic and form-fitting; it conforms to equipments of varying sizes and shapes.
- CUSHIONING AND PROTECTION: Neoprene has just the right thickness and density to absorb the shock of everyday handling (shock protection)- ideal for protective cover not only for many equipments such as cameras, cellular phones but also human body such as knee and elbow pads (braces)….etc.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND BUOYANCY: a foamed neoprene containing gas cells and therefore is light weight and can float on top of the water.
- CHEMICAL AND OIL (PETROLEUM DERIVATIVES) RESISTANT: Neoprene performs well in contact with oils and many chemicals and remains useful over a wide temperature range making it particularly useful for protective gears like gloves and similar articles. ABRASION RESISTANT